Lynette’s main concerns, in her own words: My husband (38) and I (34) paid off all our debt, except our mortgage. We have a toddler, and a dog. We’re about to move to another state and will be initially relying on my husband’s job and income. What I’m mainly concerned about:
– Are we on track for retirement? I’ve become a bit obsessive about this since becoming a parent.
– How much house should we buy in our new location?
– Should I go to law school (no joke)? We can potentially cash flow a program where we’ll be moving.
– Also, we are considering adoption.
– And we’re putting some money for toddler’s college into a regular Roth we have. Bad idea? We’re thinking we can take out the initial contributions if we need it for that, and we hate to rely on a plan (529, whatever) that dictates how we use our $$$.
I’ve heard Pete say on the podcast that in your 30s, you bomb your life and see if you can come out the other side. I think that’s true, but I’d like to use some kind of laser-focused bomb and not just an IED.