We want to answer your questions about money. Email us and you may hear yours on the air: firstname.lastname@example.org
This week on the Pete the Planner Show, Pete and Damian push the podcast recording speed limits, talk news, and give answers to questions from our loyal listeners.
Remember: In the first six months of 2021, we’re going to make over five families’ financial lives, LIVE on the air! WE’RE GIVING AWAY FIVE FREE HEY MONEY, MEMBERSHIPS to walk with them across six months telling their stories about their struggles in personal finances. Check us out!
No time to listen? Here’s a preview of what happened and when:
MAILBAG QUESTION 1: [2:00]
- “I think taxes are about to go through the roof. I have been a traditional 401(k) guy. But if rates are going to go up, and I will have to pay a higher tax rate at retirement, shouldn’t I switch to a Roth vehicle now to save after-tax money for tax-free withdrawal at retirement?“
- Damian: Your decision is going to be based on what you believe tax rates are going to do and when in your life. It’s tough.
- Pete: If you can find yourself in a lower tax bracket now, then traditional vehicles may make sense.
- Damian: The real question is, “Are you putting enough away for retirement, at all?” Focus on that first.
NATIONAL ECONOMIC RECOVERY & JOBS UPDATE: [11:45]
- Pete: The most interesting thing about this most recent jobs report is the question: Where are the jobs?
- 280,000 jobs were added in Leisure and Hospitality industry
- 136,000 jobs were added in Government
- 110,000 jobs were added in Construction
- 66,000 jobs were added in Professional & Business Services
- 53,000 jobs were added in Manufacturing
There’s so much more in the full show! — click PLAY below for the full show.
Before you go, give your personal finances a facelift. Peep our personal guidance platform: Hey Money.
Peter Dunn a.k.a. Pete the Planner® is an award-winning financial mind and a former comedian. He’s a USA TODAY columnist, author of ten books, and is the host of the popular radio show and podcast, The Pete the Planner Show. Pete is considered one of the foremost experts on financial wellness in the world, but he’s just as likely to talk your ear off about bass fishing.