We want to answer your questions about money. Email us and you may hear yours on the air: email@example.com
This week on the Pete the Planner Show, IT’S SPOOKY SEASON! Don’t skip past this show intro!
No time to listen? Here’s a preview of what happened and when:
WITHIN MY 401(k), WHAT INVESTMENT OPTIONS SHOULD I CHOOSE?: [2:47]
- Managed accounts, target date fund, the list keeps going. Here’s the general process people employ when creating their own financial portfolio.
- DAMIAN: There are all sorts of funds to put your money into.
- PETE: Statistically, most people should be in a target date fund.
- DAMIAN: It can often be a relatively safe and easy investment choice throughout emotional and economic cycles.
- PETE: Be sure to solicit specific and expert financial advice in your back pocket
MAILBAG QUESTION: [15:25]
- “My wife and I have moved into a phase in life where we would like to start some simple philanthropy. The university we graduated from makes it super easy. What about setting up a scholarship for a local high school?
- DAMIAN: There are two main ways Americans give back: writing a check, or giving your time.
- PETE: Check out tworule.com – there are some great nuggets on there. Our Ideal Budget has about 5% of our income allocated toward charitable giving.
- DAMIAN: Ask the question: “How can I be consistently involved in this thing I want to support?”
- PETE: I am a huge proponent of starting a scholarship at your local high school. Start your search for how to get this done by asking about the education foundation within your district.
Keep it locked for even more! Check it out in the full show! — click PLAY below.
— Before you go, give your personal finances a facelift. Peep our personal guidance platform: Hey Money. —
Peter Dunn a.k.a. Pete the Planner® is an award-winning financial mind and a former comedian. He’s a USA TODAY columnist, author of ten books, and is the host of the popular radio show and podcast, The Pete the Planner Show. Pete is considered one of the foremost experts on financial wellness in the world, but he’s just as likely to talk your ear off about bass fishing.