We want to answer your questions about money. Email us and you may hear yours on the air: firstname.lastname@example.org
This week on the Pete the Planner Show, we’re still saying Happy New Year! 🥳 🎉
Here’s a preview of what happened and when:
MARKET RECAP – HOW DID THINGS GO IN 2021?: [3:40]
- Top sectors of 2021:
- #1: Bitcoin was the top performing asset class of the year.
- #2: Crude Oil
- #3: S&P Commodities Index
- #4: Dow Jones Real Estate Index
- #5: S&P 500
STOCK RESULTS – WINNERS AND LOSERS FROM 2021: [16:50]
- Damian and I spoke early in 2021 on how we thought things would go throughout the year. Let’s see how we did:
- DAMIAN: Stock pick of the year: THOR – they had a very, very nice 2020 and they were very strong about halfway through 2021. Still finished positive. Up 11.59% – WINNER
- PETE: Stock pick of the year: DELTA AIRLINES – they were down 2.81%. – LOSER
- DAMIAN: S&P 500 pick (initial): 11-12%. (Later) 14-15% – LOSER
- PETE: S&P 500 pick: 22-23% – WINNER
- DAMIAN: Stock pick of the year for 2022: Berkshire Hathaway
- PETE: Stock pick of the year for 2022: Cushman & Wakefield
- DAMIAN: Stock loser of the year 2022: Twitter
- PETE: Stock loser of the year 2022: Amazon
- DAMIAN: S&P 500 will close for the year up 4%
- PETE: S&P 500 will close for the year up 7%
We only preview the content here in light bites, so dig deeper and enjoy the whole show.
Click the PLAY button below for the rest of the show!
— Give your personal finances a facelift. Explore our personal guidance platform: Hey Money. —
Peter Dunn a.k.a. Pete the Planner® is an award-winning financial mind and a former comedian. He’s a USA TODAY columnist, author of ten books, and is the host of the popular radio show and podcast, The Pete the Planner Show. Pete is considered one of the foremost experts on financial wellness in the world, but he’s just as likely to talk your ear off about bass fishing.