As crazy as it may seem, it matters when you buy certain items. Did you just buy gas at 11am on Thursday? You just spent too much. Did you buy a new shirt on Monday? You spent too much. Crazy, huh?
Here’s a simple list of items and when to buy them.
- Fill your gas tank before 10am on Thursday
- Final pricing at the Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic ends in 7. The final clearance price wouldn’t be $4.99. It would be $3.97
- Summer is good time to buy closeout models on computers
- Furniture is priced the best in January and July
- Best time to buy clothes? Wednesday and Thursday
- Dine out on Tuesdays for the best deals
- Last day of the month is the best day to buy a new home
- Best day to buy wine? Everyday
- Cheapest day to fly: Wednesday
Do you have anymore you would like to add to the list? Leave them in the comment section.
Peter Dunn a.k.a. Pete the Planner® is an award-winning financial mind and a former comedian. He’s a USA TODAY columnist, author of ten books, and is the host of the popular radio show and podcast, The Pete the Planner Show. Pete is considered one of the foremost experts on financial wellness in the world, but he’s just as likely to talk your ear off about bass fishing.